We’ve all been there. You’re not happy with some things at the kids’ school, dance studio, or maybe even your church. Your first reaction is to bolt and look for that greener grass somewhere else. While sometimes the right answer is staying right where you are, at times families do need to re-locate. But how do you know whether to stay or go? Whether to love it or leave it?
Things to consider before pulling the plug:
- Am I reacting emotionally?
- Have I been a constructive part of the solution to the problem?
- Have I spread negativity to others?
- What are the long-term effects of this decision?
- Have I lived love in this place by speaking the truth in love?
- Have I prayed about this decision and listened to God’s voice for the answer?
- Does this decision align with my family’s priorities, goals, and faith?
When you’ve given ample time for God to provide the answer, make your decision as a unified family.
If you must leave, leave well.